Friday, January 30, 2009

~ Be Thankful for What You Have

Human life is really "fragile". Recently, my family and I have visited my uncle during Chinese New Year. Every year, my uncle and my aunt host the Chinese New Year celebration for the big family. We are suppose to feel happy on that day. However, I felt very sad when I saw my uncle lie on the bed. He was unable to move as he got stroke on last year August 2008. I am not sure what can I do in order to help him. His memory getting worse after the 3rd brain operation on last few days according to what my aunt told us. When he look at my family members, he took very long to figure out our name. He was like a bionic or super-man to us. He can install house electrical components, paint the whole house, repair his own cars and many other things he can do by himself. He was also a workaholic. However, now he looks really weak and very thin.

Everything is unexpected. My uncle took his medical check up on May 2008. Everything was fine except slightly low blood pressure. However, just within 3 months his life has changed. He fainted in his car before he started to drive. Luckily, there was a kind cab driver quickly send him to hospital when he spotted my uncle. Doctor said that he has high blood pressure and has a blood clot in his brain. Immediate brain operation has to be carried out. My aunt told us that my uncle was very afraid as he do not know whether he could survive on the 3 operations.

Do not put too much stress or pressure on yourself. Yes, we need to work hard but we should know our limit before we start to work or complete a task. Most of us work very hard in order to find more money. Sometimes, don't you think we are like the slave of money? We have to wake up. For example like my uncle's case, he did find more money in these few years but he pushed himself very hard. Oh, I forgot to mention his age. He is now aged 60+. My aunt told us that most of his money now spent on his medical usage like medicine and operations. Remember, we still have a very invaluable asset i.e. our health. We can't use money to buy our health. Besides that, our family members and friends feel more sad than us if anything happen to us. Do not hurt your loved ones. So, take care my friends.

Now, I hope my uncle can recover quickly. Let us pray for him. Amen!

1 comment:

janus lu said...

Sick people need faith from God. Bro, I will pray for your uncle also. May the healing power of God flow down to your uncle, give him strength, confidence and faith to live in joyful and abundant life. In Jeses name I pray. Amen.